British sensation Adele has been on constant repeat on my Ipod all through out this summer. I catch myself thinking in British accent, that is how much damage her music has done to me. I sing her songs all the time. I belch out in the shower, while idling in my room and when Im in the car too!
But its not just her soulful music that had me transfixed, I applaud her utter disrespect for the entertainment industry's concept and projection beauty. She is her own authentic self and I truly admire her for that. The way she communicates her soul through her music needs no more than her beautiful voice and perhaps a piano or guitar. I swear you will just want to stop in your shoes and absorb it all. I know I did.
Her signature makeup style is pretty much a piece of cake. Youtube have so many tutorial videos but you really just need to pay attention on her pictures to get the idea. Here are the things to remember when channeling Adele's minimalistic makeup.
- Hair style: Parted deep on the side and style it with a pony tail on easy days or twist it to a bun slightly below one ear.
- Eyes: Brown/bronze smokey eye with a heavy wing tipped black eyeliner. False eyelashes would be nice for the added drama.
- Lips: Stick to neutral pinks, those that are very near the color of your natural lips and then some lipgloss too.
- Face: Matte foundation with full coverage and a blush for contouring.
The trick is to just really focus on the eyes and go neutral on the lips. Wear your fave LBD and youre good to be Adele for the day!
- elf tone correcting conceiler in Apricot Beige (under eyes)
- Flexwear contact lenses in Misty Gray
- Styli-Style Brow Liner in Auburn
- Maybelline Gel-liner in Black
- Dollface 78 palette
- Mary Kay Liquid Foundation in Beige 300
- Mary Kay Powder Mineral Foundation
- Avon Ideal Oil Control Pressed Powder in Natural
- Mary Kay Lipstick in Apricot Glaze
- Etude House LuciDarling lipgloss in no. 6